Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Feature Topics
Who's Online
1 registered (Thom), 12 Guests and 31 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3413 Members
10 Forums
5340 Topics
49308 Posts

Max Online: 382 @ 11/07/12 05:45 AM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Missing Hiker Alert 5/27/18 by Maverick @ Today at 05:19 PM

SEKI NP: Quote: Park Rangers are seeking information from the public to aid in the search for a missing hiker, 67-year-old Stephen McGuire, from Washington. Mr. McGuire has been hiking the Pacific Crest Trail northwards since March, and uses the tra
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Current Conditions: Mt Whitney Trail by Thom @ Today at 03:53 PM

It’s recent. I summited 5/25 and the chute was in decent condition. I recommend you leave early — maybe 2 or 3 am depending on your speed. It gets very slushy early and some people were slipping later. I made it with microspikes and an ax without
For Moderators only
Jump to new posts Unused Whitney Permits 2018 by Steve C @ Today at 11:44 AM

Setting up dates for 2018 Subject: Unused Whitney Permits 2018 Link: http://www.whitneyzone.com/wz/ubbthreads.php/topics/53250/Unused_Whitney_Permits_2018#Post53250 ---------------------------- Unused Whitney Permits for 2018      
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Whitney first-timer 06/02 seeking some advice by songsta @ Today at 09:15 AM

work765, thanks for your posting. as a first timer myself, it was helpful to see the responses to many of the same questions I've had. please post back once you're back from your trip. would appreciate your intelligence based on your personal expe
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Unused Whitney Permits 2017 by Steve C @ Today at 12:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Jack CQuote: ... includes the cancelled and no-show permits that were not re-issued to walk-in people. For the last part of your post, can you clarify what “not-reissued” means. Are the rangers with-holding permits even though