Sleep: I don't sleep worth crap when on one of these overnighters unless I've passed out from total and complete exhaustion (see TR from first attempt). A day hike would not deprive me of sleep anymore then a multiday trip... on a multiday trip there will be cumulative sleep deprivation (which makes for a very cranky Chris)...

DUG: I know who and where my friends are and are very much going to tap them for help on this. I don't know if "Mr. SOCAL" is going to be able to 1-get the time off work, 2- be able to make summit, 3-care about this as much as I do. I might need a team just to start the hike (you know I won't do it alone).

ALL ELSE: Thank you for the information about sleep apnea. I know the CPAP machine is cumbersome and will add weight to any packing we have to do (regardless of it's ability to function on some sort of battery backup for a night or two). It is also an expensive machine that we can't afford to have busted because one of us dropped a pack or something. These are all things that will be taken into consideration.