As Alice said, "curioser and curioser".

"Stealth camp" -- meaning just sleeping in your car somewhere? Or finding a hopefully random bush you can crawl behind where no one will bother you? (And I thought I was "cheap" being a Motel 6 guy -- LOL!)

That's on May 15 (Wednesday) if I'm following all this, right? You then do your day hike on the 16th (Thursday) -- with a swap of car keys somewhere in the vicinity of the Colorado River (Phantom Ranch?) -- and drive immediately to St. George for some sleep (still "stealth camping"?!). Then on the 17th (Friday) you mention LAS -- you're flying out of there to get back home?

Comments -- must be high drama planning to arrange when and where you'll meet Julius for the key swap (a CRITICAL action!). St. George -- will your sleeping venue allow you a chance to shower?! If affirmative, and if LAS is a crucial stop (for a flight?), yeah, brunch is a possibility. If affirmative, and if LAS isn't crucial, or is but timing allows, brunch (or whatever) would be even better at my humble abode, and we could finally meet. Let me know more specifically your plans and timing that day. Shoot me a PM and we'll talk this some more.

Yet more comments -- you've got an average high in May (and you'll be right in the middle of May) on the canyon floor of 92. In October, when I did my hike, the comparable temperature is 84. 8 degress higher for you! BUT -- since my hike was on the 3d of the month the average high is probably closer to 90 (almost "halfway" to the September average high of 97) for that specific day. Meaning -- you should be fine, with, like me, no worries about hitting an unbearable temperature condition. (Disclaimer -- Mother Nature can always ignore averages.)

Like the beer for breakfast idea -- especially if it's an IPA!

You should be excited about finally doing this hike -- its a gas.