Hello everybody! I've just used the G2 SM on Elbrus and this is my feedback, hope you will find it useful:

First thoughts:
- I bought a new pair, I normally wear 42-43, my G2's are 44. Perfect fit with winter socks.
- I had to wear them for nearly 15 hours on the airplane towards Russia. No problem what so ever. Easy to wear, easy to open and close. Especially compared to other bots that don't have the BOA system.
- I feel as if I had the perfect boots. I wore them in temperatures between -+25 Celsius and -20 Celsius and my feet felt perfect.
- During the night time I just put the inner boots in my sleeping bag and by morning they were dry and cozy. The EVA does not absorb sweat so they dry really fast. I think in the daytime you just need 15 minutes of sun (and positive temperatures) to dry the inner boot, no matter how much your feet sweat.

First problems:
Well... to get right to the point... the BOA system failed. The steel cable just came of from the upper system. I nearly had a heart attack as this happened when I was in the Priut basecamp at 4100m.

I have put photos for you to see what happened. Fortunately I did not panic and improvised a quick DIY fix. Now I am still in vacation but as soon as I get home I will send La Sportiva a message with the pictures to see what they think about this problem and go back to the shop for a new pair.

I still want this boot. It's just to perfect to let it go because of a BOA failure. It's not La Sportiva's fault, it's the BOA system that's not perfect.. as it seems. It's just to hard for me to get back to standard laces after spending these weeks up on Elbrus with the G2. I love these boots.

I will let you know what La Sportiva had to say about this problem.