A quick ride from Onion Valley to Shepherd Pass:

Robinson Lake:

University Pass:

But first a quick jaunt up University Peak:

Only to be turned around by one patch of hard snow, since I had left my crampons back down at my pack and I didn't feel like farting around with it (argh, grumble):

Oh well, back down to the pack and now trudge up to the top of Uni Pass:

Jaw drop at the view into Center Basin:

Check out the Forester Pass conditions from Uni Pass:

Drop straight into the chute, dart around to the slabs, drop back into the chute, look back up and wonder who in g-d's name decided going up and over this thing was a good idea (and the trench was NOT my doing, thank you):

Break at the first tarn, down a Starschmucks VIA iced coffee (OK, they do SOMETHING right), and decide to head into the trees for the night, finding a horrible campsite along Bubbs Creek:

Sunset on Center reminding me of the glow on Spencer from EVO Lake last 4th (sigh):

Had the place to myself Friday night! Loaded up Saturday morning and started the long walk up to Forester (frost and ice on pretty much everything):

Oh, man, about bloody time!

Views into Tyndall Creek (and a dry upper trail):

Wanted to bag some peaks, but the approach across the suncup ocean was overridden by the urge to take a nap:

OK, so down through Tyndall Basin, around the south end of Diamond Mesa, and back up to Shepherd Pass:

Found another really crappy spot at the first tarn by the Pass wink :

Had this tarn to myself all night (except for a certain lik2hik who thought walking across the frozen lake at 0100 would be fun... j/k Phil! Glad you made it down ok and hope my beacon didn't throw you off too much!). Woke up slow Sunday, waiting for the sun to crest Polychrome Peak and warm me and my neighbor before getting out of bed:

People began to pour down the hill, the first being my friend Leti!

She and her friend Miguel had hit both Big Willie and Tyndall, and warned of the scores of people still up there. Lots of rocks flying in both areas, although Leti said the snow to the right of the north rib was in fine shape. Having climbed Tyndall before, I decided to instead pack up and head down with my friends.

And then I ran into my friend Kathy, who was coming up (apparently it's true, I can't be taken anywhere anymore!!)!

The rest of the rip down was uneventful and actually pleasant! Anvil Camp was blessedly free of bugs, there was a nice breeze, I soaked my head and shirt at the final creek before the dreaded sand hill, and even made it all the way up without stopping for rest! The Symmes Creek drainage is full of wild roses, and we three happily tumbled into the (ridiculously packed) parking lot at the trailhead around 1500 or so. After picking up the TOF back in OV, there was only one thing left to do:

MOOSE BURGERS!

Full set of pics are here, here, and here.

From the luckiest girl in the world: Climb Hard, Be Safe.

-L cool

Facebook

Flickr Pics

Think outside the Zone.