#1475 12/28/09 10:12 PM
S
Steve C Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I just read this from a user:
Quote:
Hi Steve,

Suddenly, the text size on my view of the WPSMB has grown HUGE!!  I tried to go to my "view" on the tool bar and lower the setting from Medium to a smaller setting, but that only changed the heading, not the whole page.  I hate this new, huge set-up as it is somewhat disorienting.  Do you know how to change the size of the text???

I have always used my mouse scroll wheel to change the size of the text on any web page:  Hold down the Ctrl key, and roll the mouse wheel up or down.  Each click of the wheel increases or decreases the text size on the web page. This works for both Firefox and IE (Internet Explorer) on a Windows computer.  I don't think Macs have the same setup, so maybe someone who uses one can help here.

And a second method:  Hold down the Ctrl key, and press the "+" or "-" key to increase or decrease the text size. (Or use the pull-down menu, "View, Zoom".)  Using IE, these methods seem to cause the size to change in bigger steps -- it takes five mouse wheel clicks to achieve a single ctrl + or - step.

If you are used to scrolling using the mouse wheel, sometimes you will accidentally press the Ctrl key, and inadvertently change the text size.  This may be how the person who wrote me got into that situation.  (Actually, on my PC, once in a while, it gets jacked up, and acts as if the Ctrl key is down when it is not.  Tapping the Ctrl key usually fixes that problem.  Gotta love computers.)

Re: Changing Text Size in your browser
Steve C #1476 12/28/09 10:21 PM
Bee Offline
Thanks, Steve! This problem must bee pandemic to Whitney board users wink

B

The body betrays and the weather conspires, hopefully, not on the same day.

Link Copied to Clipboard