Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
2-day get away near LA (yeah it rhymes)
#16526 07/18/11 03:31 PM
M
OP Offline
M
So to keep the my sanity (and the sanity of my coworkers) I need to go away- up a mountain and far away from downtown LA.

I have never hiked solo more then a day hike but I have done my share of hikes with one or more companions (whitney, yosemite, local LA mtns.) I am in fairly good athletic shape and enjoy distance hikes and uphill climbs. I own a good amount of gear but will have to rent a tent from A16. (its on my xmas list this year)

Currently I am looking at Cottonwood trailhead in Horseshoe Meadows and getting out to a few lakes.

Is anyone interested in joining me starting on 7/19 or 7/20? I would love to at least meet up with someone at the start to feel a little more comfortable. Yes I realize its pretty much last minute. But life is short....and I have to get out of this office before I jump out of one of these inoperable windows.

Cheers!

_m

*just a friendly southern cali girl with a monkey on her back where ever life takes her*
Re: 2-day get away near LA (yeah it rhymes)
monkie onmy back #16527 07/18/11 03:55 PM
G
G
Enjoy yourself!

I'm heading out middle of next week for the Eastern Sierras. I'm planning a 20 mile hike entering at Agnew Meadows in Mammoth, seeing Shadow, Garnet, Thousand Island, and the Clark Lakes before exiting the Rush Creek Trail by Silver Lake. Should be a fairly easy hike, although long.

I'm in the same boat you are. If I don't get out, I'm going to go crazy.

One day I'd like to hike the entire John Muir Trail and not leave a single footprint. -Randy Morgenson

Link Copied to Clipboard