Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Diamox - quick question
KevinR #18613 09/22/11 05:08 AM
Originally Posted By: KevinR

Thanks for clarifying that. I've not taken it myself, but have a couple of friends who do, and thought it came in a 250mg variety.

Yes, it comes in both. I asked my doctor for the 125 mg.

Akichow #18621 09/22/11 07:45 AM
i'm actually taking it right now, first time. i'm going to mexico to climb the volcanoes in november and wanted to try it in a more controlled condition here in the states. i started yesterday morning with 1/2 125mg tablets twice a day - so 62.5mg twice a day. after three doses i definitely feel drugged, am having some slight lower back soreness and am peeing like crazy, but that may be because i'm over compensating by drinking a ton of water so i don't dehydrate. no tingling, blurred vision or dizziness. i feel physically strong and don't feel like it will slow me down at all.

i'm headed up to attempt mountaineers route this sunday, and may throw in a lone pine peak saturday if the weather is not too bad - doesn't look promising right now though. i'll see how i feel on this stuff at altitude, but i don't usually have problems with ams anyways, so i'm guessing i will be fine.

if your bored saturday/sunday my spot link is on my website!

john

baercave #18625 09/22/11 08:18 AM
S
S
> having some slight lower back soreness and am peeing like crazy, but that may be because i'm over compensating by drinking a ton of water so i don't dehydrate

I have a friend who has chronic kidney problems (one is deformed, they both carry "a constellation" of stones). She needs a regular moderate intake of water, but NOT overdo it. If she drinks too much, it increases her kidney pain.

Unless you are trying to flush a stone, there is no reason to drink a ton of water.

Good luck on the MR, and in Mexico. Hope you will post reports of both!

Harvey Lankford #18674 09/23/11 05:45 PM
R
Rboone Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: Harvey Lankford
As for the symptoms with the trial at sea level, you could stop it, then "rechallenge" with another low dose. That way you could better understand if you really had a side effect, or just a bad day.

It appears that Harvey's bad day theory was correct. After two 62.5mg doses 12 hours apart (24 hours total now) I'm experiencing no adverse effects from the Acetazolamide. The first hour or so after the first dose I felt slight lethargy and felt just a bit drugged but after that initial reaction all is good. In fact, this afternoon I decided to really push myself through one of my usual Crossfit workouts to see how I felt. Felt great.

Think I'll start on it again next Saturday before we head up the mountain on Sunday the 2nd provided the weather cooperates with us. Fingers crossed...

Last edited by Rboone; 09/23/11 05:46 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard