Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Feature Topics
Who's Online
0 registered (), 8 Guests and 58 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3270 Members
13 Forums
5344 Topics
49605 Posts

Max Online: 382 @ 11/07/12 05:45 AM
Topic Options
#31140 - 04/30/13 06:22 PM New Interior Secretary Is One Of Us
wagga Offline

Loc: Humbug Reach (Pop. 3)
Sally Jewell was today revealed by the New York Times as a mountain climber/hiker - one of our tribe.

She has summited Rainier, Kilimanjaro, Mont Blanc and the Vinson Massif.

A quick quote:

..."no rational business executive would cut an operating budget across the board, as the federal budget process known as the sequester requires."

And a story:

When she went to open an account at a local bank branch near her new home in the Dupont Circle area of Washington, the clerk asked where she was employed.

"The Interior Department, Ms. Jewell replied.

"What's your position there? the clerk asked.

"Secretary, Ms. Jewell answered. The clerk just nodded.

#31141 - 04/30/13 06:35 PM Re: New Interior Secretary Is One Of Us [Re: wagga]
Bob West Offline

Loc: Bishop, CA, USA
Good luck to her. My tribe is going to reserve its judgment.

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.co...-country-147558

#31142 - 04/30/13 07:16 PM Re: New Interior Secretary Is One Of Us [Re: Bob West]
wagga Offline

Loc: Humbug Reach (Pop. 3)
One of the comments on that link is insightful:

" I fail to see how one who is not of our many people, doesn't live or has lived on a reservation can possibly have our best interests at heart, but I'm willing to give this woman a chance & see how she handles herself with our interests. Sometimes there is that rare white person who is a friend to us & truly has our spirit. Rare as such a one is, they are out here none the less."

#31157 - 05/01/13 07:41 AM Re: New Interior Secretary Is One Of Us [Re: wagga]
saltydog Offline

Loc: Valley Ford CA!!!!
Originally Posted By: wagga

" I fail to see how one who is not of our many people, doesn't live or has lived on a reservation can possibly have our best interests at heart, but I'm willing to give this woman a chance & see how she handles herself with our interests. Sometimes there is that rare white person who is a friend to us & truly has our spirit. Rare as such a one is, they are out here none the less."

What a rare gift, to be able to continue to invest the benefit of ever dwindling doubt.

#31207 - 05/03/13 09:25 AM Re: New Interior Secretary Is One Of Us [Re: wagga]
CaliHawk Offline

Loc: SoCal
Originally Posted By: wagga

Does the word insightful now mean shallow and racist? Yeah, I understand history, but I truly hope that that attitude is not more widespread.

I say that because she seems to be a pretty good choice. I'm moderate in my political views but have a concern with many that the President has surrounded himself with, especially the Attorney General. But this appears to be a pretty good choice; measured and reasonable and loves nature.