Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Torching Whitney Toilets
Steve C #37115 06/04/14 11:36 AM
K
Ken Offline
K
Originally Posted By: Steve C
Ken, dbd: Is there no end to your rants? I have asked repeatedly for positive, forward-looking ideas, yet all we get is more of the same. Any more will be deleted.

Once again, I agree with dbd. A thread devoted to forward looking, practical, legal options might actually be interesting.

However, if all that is desired is to libel the USFS and former USFS employees, with no forward-looking ideas, that go out of the way to state clearly that anything posted against the libel will be censored or deleted, is nothing I have any particular interest in, except to oppose as a matter of justice.

Lets see, I have proposed a forward-looking idea, and the reason why. I wonder whether that will be censored.

Ken #37123 06/04/14 05:07 PM
Ken, you might want to look up the definition of libel before throwing the term around.

I'm new here, and don't know the board history on this subject. Nor, does it interest me what so and so said about who in April 2010 when they posted on another thread. Second, since I plan to hike up Whitney for the first, and likely last time, in another week this issue has no direct affect on me. However, looking at the info presented on the subject, the irreverent and smug attitude of Gary Oye in dismissing not only the comments and concerns of the people he is supposed to serve but also ignoring the NPS own study in his pursuit of what he seemed to view as a righteous goal is reprehensible. I actually work for a different government department, and unfortunately have seen a couple of employees in our department with similar attitudes towards the public. It is this type of behavior that makes a mockery of all government employees and gives us all a black eye. I applaud members of the public who openly oppose this type of behavior, not in forums only but in the real world. Maybe instead of slinging verbal darts at each other, you should direct your energies towards reversing this ridiculous decision by one misguided individual, flying in the face of reason and scientific evidence.

I should add that there is plenty of, imo misguided, heat being generated on both sides in this thread.

Last edited by 2Old4This; 06/04/14 05:12 PM.
2Old4This #37124 06/04/14 05:45 PM
I'm all in with a new thread based on solutions. I'll repost links, it won't take that long.

For a title, how about,

"Thinking Outside the Bag"

I'll PM Steve to see if I should start this. I'm very over-exposed on this issue.

SierraNevada #37299 06/09/14 09:55 PM
S
Steve C Offline OP
OP Offline
S
A new thread has started:

Whitney Waste Solutions: WAG bags, toilets, or ???

All ideas, crazy or not, are welcome. Here are the guidelines:
1. The thread is for brainstorming.
2. There are no bad ideas.
3. Opinions are fine, but be respectful.
4. Try to build off other ideas.
5. Be clear, concise, and constructive.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard