0 members (), 121 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
CapturePRO Camera Clip & PROpad by Peak Design
#41189 12/16/14 09:46 AM
OP Offline
A piece of gear that I've found to be very helpful is the CapturePRO Camera Clip by Peak Design. I carry it regardless of what camera I am using (Nikon D80, Sony NEX, or Nikon Coolpix L26). When using larger cameras, I add the PROpad for stability. Here is my review of both products:

http://www.hikinggeek.com/2014/04/16/gear-review-peak-design-capturepro-camera-clip-propad/

Disclaimer: I am a PD affiliate, but I have purchased all of my gear from them with personal funds.

Re: CapturePRO Camera Clip & PROpad by Peak Design
63ChevyII.com #41190 12/16/14 12:33 PM
S
S
63: I guess I don't understand... If you are a "PD affiliate", but you purchase all your gear, where is the payback?

Also, I like this picture from the review.   Caption should be: "Um Dad... What are you doing now?" grin

Steve C #41191 12/16/14 02:12 PM
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Steve C
63: I guess I don't understand... If you are a "PD affiliate", but you purchase all your gear, where is the payback?

If a buyer uses 'HikingGeek' as their promo code, they receive a 10% discount and I will get a 10% commission on those sales. PD is also sending me a 'Shell' to test, but that will not happen until Spring/Summer 2015.

I guess the reason for posting the disclaimer is to let people know that I'd recommend PD gear even if there wasn't a commission involved - I have been doing so for over a year now. I always have people asking about my setup on the trail and around town. I usually direct people to my website since the name is easy to remember, then I send them the info on PD.

I recently starting seeing websites with a discount code and I asked PD if I could have the same for my website. I later learned that there was a commission involved and a possibility for free samples.

I hope that the commission doesn't 'discredit' my review in anyway, but I feel that it should be mentioned.

Originally Posted By: Steve C

Also, I like this picture from the review.   Caption should be: "Um Dad... What are you doing now?" grin

LOL grin
He gets a little antsy whenever I stop hiking. It results in some awkward photos!

63ChevyII.com #41199 12/17/14 02:12 PM
Hi Chevyll,

I use a Zing Standard SLR Action Cover. This is a one-piece, wrap-around neoprene cover that stretches over the lens and self-secures without buckles, snaps or zippers. The case has a removable elastic waist strap. When used in conjunction with the camera neck strap, the waist strap holds the camera tight to the body so the camera does not bounce/sway/etc... The camera can be removed from the cover for shooting without having to unfasten the waist strap, and the waist strap secures the cover.

This way I always have the camera secured to my body (with the camera strap), and provides limited protection from the elements and from being banged around.

I guess your setup is a bit easier to grab your camera for quick shots, but taking off the cover is really simple so not a big hindrance.

See: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/75792-REG/Zing_Designs_540_111_Standard_SLR_Action_Cover.html for more details.

John Sims #41252 12/29/14 10:38 AM
OP Offline
Thanks John!

I bought a knockoff of the Zing Action Cover. I think I can modify it to work with my camera clip. I am wishing I had done it before my hike Saturday. My camera has a few battle scars from the Wonderland of Rocks Traverse (trip report coming soon).

Link Copied to Clipboard