Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Feature Topics
Who's Online
0 registered (), 9 Guests and 43 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3268 Members
13 Forums
5341 Topics
49597 Posts

Max Online: 382 @ 11/07/12 05:45 AM
Topic Options
#52416 - 11/05/17 12:21 AM Apple should fix the Pocket Dialing problem
Steve C Offline

Loc: Fresno, CA
This is way off topic, but it hit me hard today: I stowed my iPhone after a call today, and was distracted -- talking to a friend. I forgot to lock the phone by pressing the button on the side. I always press that button-- just forgot today.

So for the next 15 minutes, the STUPID phone dialed and re-dialed numbers from my "recent calls" list.

Maybe Apple thinks it's cute to have a one-touch way do dial a number, but this leads to millions of pocket-dialed numbers. (Just Google "pocket dialing", and see how many hits there are.) It would be so easy to prevent if they would just do it.

Here's how: Set up a user-enabled feature, that I could turn off or on. When it is on, any number selected from my phone's contact list would, instead of automatically dialing, pop up a second screen with a button that had to be pressed before the call is initiated. Give the button a timeout period: Not pressed in 2 or 3 seconds, return to the previous display.

HOW HARD WOULD THAT BE, APPLE???

#52417 - 11/05/17 08:31 AM Re: Apple should fix the Pocket Dialing problem [Re: Steve C]
bobpickering Offline

Loc: Reno, Nevada
Many years ago, Ken, a coworker of mine, had just finished his workout at the gym. He had spent the whole time admiring how hot a certain female coworker was. Ken couldn’t resist engaging in a bit of “locker room talk” with the guys as he was getting dressed after his shower. Something about how he would like to find out how good she would be. Unfortunately, he accidentally “pocket dialed” his wife, and she heard every word he said.

#52418 - 11/05/17 02:36 PM Re: Apple should fix the Pocket Dialing problem [Re: bobpickering]
wagga Offline

Loc: Humbug Reach (Pop. 3)
Called a "bum dial" around here.