0 members (), 52 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Different Places to Stretch Your Legs: 26-27 June
#5587 06/29/10 05:45 AM
OP Offline
Having had a bit of excitement and lots of work the past few (few??) weekends, I looked forward to cruising into some new areas. What started as a leg-stretch hike turned into a flower-power tour, and I was completely flabbergasted by the complete meadows and green that stretched before me.

Saturday, I headed up McGee Creek, just a few miles north of Rock Creek and outside of Crowley Lake. I made it to the Steelhead Lake cutoff, about 5 miles in, and turned only since I had promised to meet friends in Lee Vining for dinner...

After a fantastic dinner at the MoMart (mmm... fish tacos...), I camped out with my friend John and his wife Leslie in Lower Lundy canyon. (BTW: if you haven't checked out John's book Walk The Sky yet, please do so!), where he was really talking up his shoot in the Bodie Hills from the past two days. My plans for peak bagging and snow were immediately thrown out the window, and Sunday I drove into the Bodie area, through the town, and up to the NV border to catch an amazing display of flowers, the green smell of sage, and the contrast with the red pumice of the hills. You don't get to see this sort of bloom often here, nor do the herds of pronghorn make themselves visible!

Long story short, if you're looking to do some acclimating, take the time to drive away a bit. Explore beyond the norm. Get out there to see one fantastic bloom in both the craggy heights of the Sierra and the surrounding hills!
McGee Creek photos.
Bodie Hills photos.

From the luckiest girl in the world: Climb Hard, Be Safe.

-L cool

Facebook

Flickr Pics

Think outside the Zone.
Re: Different Places to Stretch Your Legs: 26-27 June
MooseTracks #5597 06/29/10 08:49 AM
S
S
What a treat! Thanks, Laura.

Link Copied to Clipboard