Here's what I'm planning on wearing - would like some feedback on this list. Day hike. This assumes it won't be actively snowing or raining (if so, I'll need to re-adjust):
1. Medium weight wool socks (+ extra pairs)
2. Bottom: Base layer leggings
3. Snowboarding pants <--- ?? (semi-lined, reasonably warm, waterproof, and have zipper vents). A little heavy, weight-wise, but I don't otherwise have any winter hiking pants.
4. Top: Base layer + long sleeve athletic top over it
5. Snowboarding jacket (waterproof, windproof, hooded which covers nearly my entire face)
6. Sun hat + Beanie
7. glove liners
8. winter snowboarding gloves (+ extra pair in case they get wet)?
10. vented trail running shoes. I've hiked a lot in these and helps my feet not to sweat too much. If lots of snow on the trail, could use waterproof boots instead but hoping I don't have to.
11. hand warmers + toe warmers <-- carry, just in case
12. adjustable trekking poles - esp to provide more stability given I'll be in trail running shoes.
Any feedback on the list? thanks!