Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 219 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lone Pine Film History Museum
#8006 10/03/10 01:05 AM
S
Steve C Offline OP
OP Offline
S

The Beverly and Jim Rogers Museum of Lone Pine Film History is a cool place to visit in Lone Pine. It has a surprising number of exhibits commemorating a surprising number of movies taken in the Lone Pine vicinity.

They have a VERY informative and enjoyable 15-minute video to watch, and then you can wander around and view so many movie set items. Anyone traveling through Lone Pine should take an hour and see it.

Location: A few blocks south of the Whitney Portal Hostel, west side of the street.
701 S Main St
Lone Pine, California 93545
(760) 876-9909

And its best kept secret: It hosts our Mt. Whitney Webcam.

Pictures (full set is here)...

Nudie Cohn custom-built Cadillac. Nudie built a number of these, and the museum periodically rotates them.

Movie posters

Movie costumes

Love those antique cars!

Unruly visitor (almost) touching an antique exhibit -- just above the "Please Do NOT Touch" sign. smirk

Tremors monster about to attack the unruly visitor.

Re: Lone Pine Film History Museum
Steve C #8007 10/03/10 01:13 AM
T
T
Hey Steve,
I stopped in the LPFHM the day before my hike. I knew that a few movies had been shot in the LP area, but I had no idea how many. I want to go back and see Bad Day at Black Rock and see if I can see some of the landmarks. It was also pretty cool going to Movie Road in the Alabama hills after going to the museum

My favorite display at the museum was the Tremors room.

It was pretty hot in LP when I was there, so sitting down for the movie in the air conditioned room was really pleasant.

Cool stuff. And also pretty cool of them for hosting the WZ cam.

Re: Lone Pine Film History Museum
tdtz #8025 10/03/10 06:47 PM
Rod Offline
Seeing that poster of Gene Autry is cool. I live in Gene Autry's old house. I Live right across the dirt road from The Melody Ranch where Gunsmoke and hundreds of westerns, both TV and movie were filmed.BTW the poster next to Gene Autry is Tex Ritter's.He was John Ritter's father. Tex Ritter was a Santa Clarita resident as well as was Tex Williams if any of you are old enough to know who the hell I am talking about.

Link Copied to Clipboard