Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Everest Presentation at REI
tdtz #9412 12/05/10 06:24 PM
M
M
Cindy, the closest REI to me is in Manhattan Beach. Do you have any plans to make future presentations? And if so, where and when?

quillansculpture #9422 12/06/10 10:50 AM
B
B
Thanks Joe! It was great to FINALLY meet you grin
I'm looking forward to hiking the Baldy Bowl with crampons and an axe again once we get some coverage...you and Gary are still in, right?

Stacy

BiletChick #9428 12/06/10 02:03 PM
S
S
Hey Stacy, I saw the good news. Now that your engagement is public knowledge, you will have to keep everyone up-to-date with future plans.   smile

Congratulations!

lynn-a-roo #9430 12/06/10 03:22 PM
OP Offline
Thank you so much for your kinds words - it means a lot to me. My answers to your questions are in blue.
Originally Posted By: lynn-a-roo
Dear Cindy,

Your presentation last night brought out many emotions for me. Sometimes I felt myself gasping out of fear, other times I was on the edge of my chair, next I'd be awe struck with wonder, there were times when I'd laugh, and other times my I felt my pulse race. Your presentation ran the gamut when it came to human emotions.

It was wonderful meeting you, your family and the family of the WPMB and the WZ all in one place. Having name tags for us to write our message board names on was a great idea.

I have three questions:

1. What did you do all day long when you didn't have laundry to do?
Aside from being away from my family for 2 months, the down time was the worst part of the experience. Where is nothing to do and at those extreme altitudes - you just don't want to do anything. So, I spent most of time time in my tent just waiting. I couldn't even read a book. I just waited to climb.

2. Were you able to talk with your family in the USA while at Base Camp?
From base camp and camp 2 we had a sat phone and could transmit short meesages.
Here is the link to a PNR interview I did the day after we returned to base camp after summiting:
http://www.scpr.org/news/2010/05/26/orange-county-woman-reaches-summit-mt-everest/

3. Did your Guides have any feedback as to the differnce (better or worse) between a primarily estrogen vs. a primarily testosterone team?
The guides are very tactful - two months is a long time to spend with people in a small dining tent smile. From my presceptive, it balanced out the environment and was a lot of fun.

Last, but not least, WOW, I can't believe you hiked Mt. Baldy and still gave a presentation to a full house last night. You're Wonder Woman in my book.

Thank you, Larry and your daughter for sharing your Mt. Everest trip. You have a great support group in your family.

Sincerely,
Lynn

Steve C #9441 12/06/10 08:54 PM
B
B
Thanks Steve! It was a special hike, that's for sure wink
I'll post something when we decide where and when.

Hint: the name Whitney has been mentioned...lol!!!

Take care,
Stacy and Curt

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard