Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 155 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
--> Changing website hosting service <--
#7518 09/17/10 09:15 AM
S
Steve C Offline OP
OP Offline
S
This weekend or maybe next, I am moving the forum software from one host site to another. Whenever it happens, I'll do it late at night, so people should not notice any difference.

We are moving the site onto servers provided by the same company (Mindraven.com) that writes the UBB Threads software (that runs this forum), since they have better disk space and bandwidth parameters for such a website. And with the additional disk space, we can open up photo gallery capabilities within the site itself. Then people will be able to upload their hiking pictures directly here rather than stuffing them elsewhere.

I expect (and hope) that the move will occur without any noticeable problems for anyone trying to access the site.
However, it may be a problem for a few people, depending on what ISP (Internet Service Provider) they are using.

When the site moves, I'll make more posts in this thread, so you will know you are on the new site. On the old site, the forums will be locked so that you can read but not reply. And I'll leave a final post there with contact info so you can email me if you still see that site and not the new one.

So depending on how long it takes (and how awake I am), the move will occur this weekend or next.

Re: --> Changing website hosting service <--
Steve C #7522 09/17/10 11:42 AM
Fantastic! Pictures I like!

Journey well...

Link Copied to Clipboard