Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 155 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Zen and the Art of Parent Maintenance
#25198 06/18/12 12:25 PM
OP Offline
Visits from Mom and Pop are always an adventure, especially in terms of seeing how many miles we can put on the TOF and how much food we can actually eat in one weekend. But gluttony and fossil-fuel destruction aside, we usually can put together a fun weekend around here. (shhh... don't tell anyone just how cool the eastside can be...)

This past weekend was no different. At the slower pace, I decided to try out my new macro attachment for my camera, spending a lot of time crawling around looking for the smallest flowers possible. Saturday was a pic-a-nic lunch out along the Lyell Fork of the Tuolumne, watching clouds gather but not threaten and listen to the breeze in the trees. Sunday was a Father's Day brunch at The Store, followed by the long drive out to the Patriarch Grove to see the B-cones. I was shocked to find the ground at 11K completely carpeted by phlox, flax, and the tiniest peas; the air was sweet with their scent.

A sampling of my first foray into the really small stuff, forgive some of the artifact, as these were all hand-held, no tripod...

Anyone who tells me the Whites are devoid of color needs to have their head examined:

And, for reference on the final little purple ones...

Thanks to my Mom and Pop for another fun weekend.

Off to the races, Summer 2012!!

From the luckiest girl in the world:
Climb Hard. Be Safe.

-L cool

Facebook

Flickr Pics

Think outside the Zone.
Re: Zen and the Art of Parent Maintenance
MooseTracks #25200 06/18/12 02:41 PM
Had you not written this was your first time with the new lense I would not have known. Very nice indeed. I will be showing this to my green thumbed Aunt who can name any plant and make anything grow.
Nice photography! Keep it up! like!

Tina - A REAL Orange County Housewife (Okay so I don't stay home)
Re: Zen and the Art of Parent Maintenance
MooseTracks #25213 06/18/12 09:47 PM
S
S
Sweeeet pictures, Laura. So nice to see.

thanks

Link Copied to Clipboard