Weather was perfect. The prior weeks bad weather left the notch really icy. Some people were making it up but we had no gear. Now I am not sure which one is called the notch and which one is the chute. I call the notch the last couple of hundred feet of scramble you do to reach the summit and the chute the long cavern with all the loose rock.

We got past the chute and the other four guys wanted to turn around. I could not take that for an answer. I free climbed the notch, which scared the living day lights out of me. WHen I was up there two others fallowed. We took the main trail back down and went back up Monday to grab our gear at UBSL.

As we were going up for our gear a REALLY novice group of about 6 people were heading up. WHen we got to lone pine we saw this storm forming. I truly hope they are okay. The window for free climbing the notch I think is gone. Maybe we were the last for the season frown I would NOT recommend climbing it without ropes, or you should to the traverse with micro spikes/ crampons/ Ice axe.