Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 34 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
Total Likes: 1
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Group numbers #58560 05/01/2021 7:31 PM
by Swim20
Hi all! I have an overnight permit for Whitney and I am going to be going with some of my friends. I am a bit worried some of them may chicken out and want to turn back on the hike or get altitude sickness. In the event that after camping the first night, a couple of people decide to turn back and head home due to chickening our/not feeling well, is the rest of the group allowed to camp and summit another night or does not having all of our people invalidate our permit (I am the permit holder).
Liked Replies
Re: Group numbers #58563 May 2nd a 01:17 AM
by bobpickering
First, don’t split your group unless both groups agree and are capable of making it down safely. There are far too many stories of chicken/sick/slow hikers being separated from their partners and having a bad outcome.

The permit doesn’t require your group to stay together. There should be no problem if group members climb different peaks, hike at different speeds, or go home on different days. I would give your group members a copy of the permit (hard copy or electronic) in case a ranger asks to see it.
1 member likes this
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4
(Release build 20200307)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.15 Page Time: 0.078s Queries: 8 (0.074s) Memory: 0.5407 MB (Peak: 0.5610 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2021-12-01 05:45:24 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS