Mt Whitney Zone
Posted By: Bob West Camino Santiago - 05/06/11 05:45 PM
Has anyone done the Camino Santiago pilgrimage hike in Spain? (@ 500K) I am thinking of doing a more scenic variation of it in 2012: the Camino Primitivo.

I'd appreciate feed-back if any of you have done the hike.

http://americanpilgrims.com/
Posted By: KevinR Re: Camino Santiago - 05/06/11 06:35 PM
I've not, Bob, but it's on my bucket list. Probably about 5 years out. Am in the info gathering stage, a bit behind you, so if you do this pilgrimage, I'd enjoy hearing your experiences. I occasionally read BB's like this one.
Posted By: Bob West Re: Camino Santiago - 05/09/11 11:18 PM
Yes, I've been to that website. We'll see about Spring 2012. Here's hoping.
Posted By: Steve C Re: Camino Santiago - 05/10/11 01:35 AM
Can you guys give a little more detail? Is it a walking-tour of Europe, or is there a lot of mountain trail hiking, too?
Posted By: KevinR Re: Camino Santiago - 05/10/11 02:05 AM
In a nutshell, it's an ancient pilgrimage, this time across northern Spain. Lots of pilgrimages have evolved over time, this one I believe had its origin in the RC church.
Posted By: Bob West Re: Camino Santiago - 05/11/11 11:34 AM
Do a search on "Camino Primitivo" or "Camino Santiago" for lots of info. There are actually several routes that end at Santiago Campostelo. It was a Catholic religious pilgrimage trek, over 1000 years old, but now taken by anyone, for various reasons. Most seem to do it for the challenge of walking 500 miles... There are established inns along the way for the "pilgrims."
© WhitneyZone Message Board