Mt Whitney Zone
Posted By: Cindy Abbott My Everest book just went on sale! - 08/02/11 07:28 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am so excited! My book was just released for sale smile

Here's the link: http://reachingbeyondtheclouds.com/my-book/purchase-my-book/

If you read it, let me know what you think.

Take Care,

Cindy
Posted By: Steve C Re: My Everest book just went on sale! - 08/02/11 09:37 PM
Congratulations on finishing the book, Cindy!

Now I want to ask...

Which was more difficult, climbing the peak, ...or writing the book? wink
Posted By: Brent N Re: My Everest book just went on sale! - 08/02/11 10:29 PM
Congratulations.
Posted By: Cindy Abbott Re: My Everest book just went on sale! - 08/02/11 10:34 PM
Thanks!

Steve, Funny that you asked which was more difficult! As I worked through the final process of finishing the book, I was thinking the same thing. And, as of now, I can't say which was more difficult - Twilight Zone!
Posted By: Cindy Abbott Re: My Everest book just went on sale! - 08/17/11 06:53 PM
My book is now available on Amazon.com and with luck, the eBook verision should be ready by this weekend.

http://www.amazon.com/Reaching-Beyond-Cl...4383&sr=1-1

Also, if anyone is thinking of buying the book, 100% of my proceeds for all August sales will go to the Vasculitis Foundation (vasculitis is the category of rare disease I have).

Thank you for your support!!!!!
Posted By: Steve C Re: My Everest book just went on sale! - 08/17/11 10:28 PM
By the way, Cindy, your fan club is over here:   wink   Reading Cindy Abbott's book
Posted By: Cindy Abbott Re: My Everest book just went on sale! - 08/18/11 07:50 PM
Thanks Steve! blush

The eBook just became available smile

And, I am still planning on coming up your way! Now the book is out I can work on presentations and book signings.
Posted By: Terence T Re: My Everest book just went on sale! - 08/18/11 10:34 PM
Hi Cindy, I just purchased your book. Looking forward to reading it. I met you and Larry last July 2010 on Mt. Baldy on your first hike after Everest. After talking with you on the summit, I hiked down the backbone with Larry. Great stories you both have! Congrats to you on finishing the book. I missed your REI presentation, any others coming up?
Posted By: Norcalhiker67 Re: My Everest book just went on sale! - 08/19/11 03:05 AM
Hi Cindy, i look forward to picking up a copy of your book, as soon as i am able to. I already can tell, it will be a very good read. I still have not found success on summiting Mt Whitney, but hopefully very soon.....Eric.
Posted By: Cindy Abbott Re: My Everest book just went on sale! - 08/19/11 05:25 PM
Terence: That first hike after Everest was slow but symbolic for me. Before I left, Baldy was my weekly training mountain and I was quite strong because of it. So Mt. Baldy is very special to me smile

I am working on scheduling things and you can check my website for updates. I teach at CSUF and school starts Monday so I will have less time to post.

Eric: Keep at it and it will come :)(Actually, you will go to it!)
Posted By: Anonymous1 Re: My Everest book just went on sale! - 08/25/11 03:30 AM
I'd love to read your book Cindy except Amazon delivered it to Pennsylvania instead of San Diego for some reason! How the heck does someone screw that up?
Posted By: Cindy Abbott Re: My Everest book just went on sale! - 08/25/11 12:45 PM

So your copy of my book is going on a book tour without me crazy

Sorry, Amazon is usually pretty good about shipping etc...

Whenever the book does arrive, let me know what you think.

Cindy
© WhitneyZone Message Board