Mt Whitney Zone
Posted By: Sheldon Neill Yosemite HD | Timelapse Video - 01/20/12 11:18 PM
Fellow hikers and climbers of the Sierras. I've returned to share another video I've been working on for the past 4 months with my buddy Colin. Feel free to share. This is a must see. I guarantee you'll see stuff you've never seen before!

Yosemite HD from Project Yosemite on Vimeo.

Please share if you like it. Thanks guys!
Posted By: RoguePhotonic Re: Yosemite HD | Timelapse Video - 01/21/12 12:06 AM
Nicely done. A lot of great compositions there. I really enjoyed the perspective of rising above cliff sides. Did you use a steep angle rail system for that?
Posted By: Steve C Re: Yosemite HD | Timelapse Video - 01/21/12 02:28 AM
Beautiful! Best watched on full screen.

...Also shared on Facebook.
Posted By: Paul Re: Yosemite HD | Timelapse Video - 01/21/12 04:39 PM
You guys are so gifted and talented!!!! Congratulations on a splendid presentation of Yosemite.

Paul
Posted By: wagga Re: Yosemite HD | Timelapse Video - 01/21/12 07:03 PM
Gifted, talented and featured by the Mail Online!
Posted By: Bulldog34 Re: Yosemite HD | Timelapse Video - 01/22/12 12:50 AM
Just . . . wow! Also shared on FB. Looking forward to more stuff from you guys. Your Cottonwood-Whitney vid was great, but this is really top-shelf!
Posted By: SierraNevada Re: Yosemite HD | Timelapse Video - 01/22/12 02:45 AM
Amazing piece...
Posted By: ddmansprty Re: Yosemite HD | Timelapse Video - 01/22/12 02:58 AM
Without a doubt, one of the most stunning videos I have seen. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Steve C Re: Yosemite HD | Timelapse Video - 01/22/12 03:12 AM
Originally Posted By: wagga
Gifted, talented and featured by the Mail Online!

Looks like this one has gone viral. I can't find a view-counter on Vimeo, though.

Sheldon Neill has a website, Project Yosemite. It has a very nice slide show of their Yosemite picture sites. On that page, Sheldon wrote, "30 hours later and Yosemite HD has over 100,000 views."

Here's one from the slide show:

Here's a shot of their equipment. Really cool!

Posted By: RenoFrank Re: Yosemite HD | Timelapse Video - 01/22/12 04:31 AM
Great video, I will definitely share. I am inspired to visit Yosemite for my first time this year.
Posted By: Brent N Re: Yosemite HD | Timelapse Video - 01/23/12 11:50 AM
Sheldon, you are a genius. Incredible!

Well done.

Brent
Posted By: SierraNevada Re: Yosemite HD | Timelapse Video - 01/26/12 10:57 AM
I keep watching this one.

1 million views in 6 days. That's viral, especially for vimeo. Only a few hundred views on YouTube. Funny how that works.
Posted By: Lisa M Re: Yosemite HD | Timelapse Video - 01/26/12 02:13 PM
Yosemite is magical. You've captured--it's magic. Amazing video. New to this site. Look forward to the inspiration through video and words. Thanks! Lisa
Posted By: Sheldon Neill Re: Yosemite HD | Timelapse Video - 02/03/12 04:41 PM
You guys are all awesome. Thanks for the inspiring comments! We'll keep you posted on future projects. wink
Posted By: wagga Re: Yosemite HD | Timelapse Video - 02/24/12 01:09 AM
The guys were interviewed by Yahoo News.
Posted By: Sheldon Neill Re: Yosemite HD | Timelapse Video - 02/25/12 05:49 AM
Thanks! Cool to see it featured on Yahoo! They said if statistics are high, they'll give it a front page feature.

I'm happy to see Yosemite getting so much attention right now.
Posted By: Sheldon Neill Re: Yosemite HD | Timelapse Video - 03/03/12 05:59 PM
I don't mean to double post, but we finally took the time to do a 2K export--higher res.--for the good of mankind. You can view it here:

http://youtu.be/OwFbjJasW3E

When viewing it, be sure to change quality to 'Original' just above 1080p.
Posted By: Steve C Re: Yosemite HD | Timelapse Video - 03/04/12 03:44 AM
Sheldon, thanks for the post and the new version. The quality is so good, it seems like I could reach out and touch the landscape.

For anyone wondering, the "Quality" setting is the round gear icon in the lower right corner of the video window. (It doesn't show up until you start the video.) Click it, and then select "Original".

I really enjoy watching the video. I get a kick out of seeing odd items like a tiny speck on the sensor in one scene, or the shot on Half Dome where the tripod gets pulled. I assume that tripod is what was used to take that shot from Half Dome with the Central Valley lights glowing in the background:

Watching the new version on a 27" monitor, I am wondering... any idea what the star or planet is at 3:15 - 3:20 that appears above the horizon between the horizon and the moon, but is rising at about 1/4 the rate of the moon and stars?

Here is the Youtube video, where people can view the high-quality resolution. Full screen is definitely the best.

Posted By: Mike Kennedy Re: Yosemite HD | Timelapse Video - 03/05/12 04:27 PM
I just watched this again. It is awesome. Makes you want to plan something today.
Posted By: Joel M. Baldwin Re: Yosemite HD | Timelapse Video - 03/05/12 05:53 PM
It's started me to plan my trips for this summer, and it's going to include some time to try doing some nighttime time-lapse.
It may not be likely I can get anywhere near this quality, but I can try! smile That's the fun part, going out and doing! trying!
Posted By: Sheldon Neill Re: Yosemite HD | Timelapse Video - 03/08/12 09:56 PM
We even had a preview of Yosemite HD featured in the official iPad release video. You can view it here:

Apple iPad Video

I believe you can see it at the 0:58 mark.
© WhitneyZone Message Board