Mt Whitney Zone
Suing their regulators didn't work, surprise, surprise.

LADWP and Owens Valley Dust Bowl
Posted By: Steve C Re: LADWP loses lawsuit over Owens Lake Dust - 05/08/13 05:33 PM
Must be cheaper to pay a herd of lawyers than to do actual work on the dry lake bed.
dust to dust

You would think this would be a big topic here

I always think it's funny how history is filled with people coming up with ingenious creations and ideas to get things done and to make money. When LA built the water ways to take the Owens Lake water the same things were said. But when it comes time to fix something and no one wants to do it because there is no money to be made then they don't have any ideas or a damn clue and spend 1.2 billion which is what the tallest man made building / object cost with no desirable results.
Posted By: kurt765 Re: LADWP loses lawsuit over Owens Lake Dust - 05/15/13 06:07 AM
Every time I see the Owens Lake bed, it intrigues me that there used to be such a big lake there until LA drank it. It seems from what I read no one really cared about keeping it a lake, but then of course the dry lake bed became a huge problem and I'm glad they are fixing it. I try to imagine a steamboat hauling mined materials across it to Cartego, and I also try to imagine the photos I could take with such a lake reflecting the magnificent Sierras behind them.
© WhitneyZone Message Board