Mt Whitney Zone
was planning to head out to the sierras this friday but won't be able to get out of work on friday like i had originally planned to try out the lottery at the ranger's station in lone pine.

anyone headed out this saturday 9/21 to mt whitney or know of anyone who is and have an extra permit to sell or give away?

or is anyone interested in bagging mt muir and mt whitney on saturday and willing to drive up friday to the ranger's station and put their name in the lottery to snatch a couple of permits. pretty confident two permits could be available.

or by any chance anyone is going to be at the ranger's station and can snatch a couple of permits for me? i'll paypal you the money or pay you in person. thanks!

you can email me at: dominguez.franATyahoo.com

i'd be driving from l.a. and would like to start at 1am or 2am on saturday. thanks in advance.
Heading up to catch the lottery on Saturday for a hike to the summit early sunday morning (thinking a 2am departure). There will be 2 of us, maybe 4. Anyone else planning to be on the mountain then? And any tips on the permit/lottery process would be greatly appreciated
This late in the season they should be swimming in permits...
there's an overnight permit avail for Sun-Mon, should I just buy that even though I'm doing it all on Sunday, then I'd only need to get one permit for my buddy?
If you are there on Saturday at 11 AM, you should really be able to get the dayhike permits you need. By the end of the day, though, the available permits may be gone.
© WhitneyZone Message Board