Mt Whitney Zone
Posted By: Bee Thor From the Main Trail -- Route Name? - 03/27/10 02:49 AM
I have been up Thor two different ways:

1) By way of the Mountaineer's Route, called the Secret Route

2) By way (partially)of the Main Trail, but I don't know the name of this route. We went by Mirror Lake, as seen below. Could someone tell me the name of this route?

Not really a name for it, per se, at least not that I've heard. It's just the Mirror Lake approach, or maybe the west face/ridge.
Posted By: + @ti2d Re: Thor From the Main Trail -- Route Name? - 03/27/10 10:10 PM
Moose Route...
Why thank you, Gary, but I've actually never been up higher than below the Class 3 section of that route! smile I'll have to talk to BobR about that...
Posted By: Bee Re: Thor From the Main Trail -- Route Name? - 03/30/10 04:28 AM
Put me on the short list to do that "Moose" route with you & Bob after the Tioga Pass opens! As you know, I , too, have only been as far as the Class III area. (I am much stronger, heavier -- yes, by 25lbs of raw muscle -- and I expect to reap the benefits on the trail)

B
Bee, you're gonna kick my ass, girl... eek grin
Posted By: Bee Re: Thor From the Main Trail -- Route Name? - 03/31/10 12:13 AM
Originally Posted By: MooseTracks
Bee, you're gonna kick my ass, girl... eek grin

Oh, gosh, not to worry! I am still adjusting to how I am going to drag this extra poundage up the hill. It has dramatically slowed my already pathetic running pace, so I am about ready to bag running altogether for a singular focus on hiking (perhaps I should begin study on the art & technique on graceful posthole exits -- classes??)

B
Originally Posted By: Bee

Oh, gosh, not to worry! I am still adjusting to how I am going to drag this extra poundage up the hill. It has dramatically slowed my already pathetic running pace, so I am about ready to bag running altogether for a singular focus on hiking (perhaps I should begin study on the art & technique on graceful posthole exits -- classes??)

B

Pretty simple, really: when you stop, drop and roll! eek
Posted By: Rod Re: Thor From the Main Trail -- Route Name? - 03/31/10 01:54 AM

I thought that was what you do when you are on fire. My bad.

Bee I am still impressed with your work ethic and accomplishment to put on 25 lbs of muscle just to pound MW into submission
Posted By: Bee Re: Thor From the Main Trail -- Route Name? - 03/31/10 02:30 AM
Thank you, Rod.

The whole calesthenics pursuit has taken on a life of its own! Since I have added lunges to the mix, I now do about 30 yards of "double dips" (I rise and drop on the outstretched leg two times)until I reach the other side of the field one lunge at a time. Two things are occuring: my thighs are now out of proportion to the standard sizing (lycra, anyone?) & I don't get cold as quick.

Let's hope that all of these workouts translate to a successful season.

B
Posted By: wbtravis Re: Thor From the Main Trail -- Route Name? - 03/31/10 05:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Bee

B

And all these years I thought you were suppose to from posthole to face plant. Thanks for the winter mountaineering lesson, Laura.
© WhitneyZone Message Board