Mt Whitney Zone
Posted By: Feniantrekker Whitney lottery notification question. - 05/02/10 02:09 AM
I was fortunate and won a permit on my first attempt in the lottery! However, I somehow lost the notification papers from the Inyo National Forest. Will this become an issue when I go pick up my permit?
Thanks, Feniantrekker
Posted By: + @ti2d Re: Whitney lottery notification question. - 05/07/10 08:16 PM
Try calling the numbers listed here.

Hope this helps.

I am sure a lot of others (in fact absolutely POSITIVE) will reply to your miniscule dilemma. Don't sweat it. You received notice and that is all that matters! I am sure you aren't the only one who has gone through this "traumatic" ordeal.

Think positive!

Have fun.

PS: I used to live in Bancroft, ID when I was a young un. Dad went to Vietnam in the 70's. SE corner of state. Many trips with Grandma to Pocatello. 50 miles one-way! Great memories!

My how "time" flies!...
Posted By: Steve C Re: Whitney lottery notification question. - 05/07/10 09:13 PM
Feniantrekker, I hope the Forest Service call does the trick. Let us know how it goes.

That link + @ti2d posted above shows the updated numbers for slots still available. I can hardly believe it, but it shows that on Thursday, June 3, they haven't given away a single day hike reservation. All 100 slots are still available! ...but all 60 overnight permits are gone. confused
© WhitneyZone Message Board