Mt Whitney Zone
Posted By: Maverick Missing Hiker/Climber 1/3/17 - 01/07/17 02:55 AM

http://www.highsierratopix.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=15345
Posted By: Sierra Angler Re: Missing Hiker/Climber 1/3/17 - 01/07/17 05:42 PM
Maveric, do you have any idea as to what color, make, model, year ,and Type of vehicle he was driving ? What do the relatives/ family have to say and what are (if/any) other direction clues obtained we can positively state for this board info. We need to locate his vehicle " Pronto " in order to start search guide lines, personnel, and protocols rolling. I and others Hope this happens soon , as the weather search window and survival window is closing. Hope everything works out and he walks out . SAR will have it hands full , once his vehicle is found, if at a trail head. GST
Posted By: Maverick Re: Missing Hiker/Climber 1/3/17 - 01/07/17 07:36 PM

He was found.

Quote:
An aquaintance of the missing person informs me that he has been found safe. The SAR sent a snow cat to the [big pine] trail head and found him at his car.
Posted By: Eskimo Re: Missing Hiker/Climber 1/3/17 - 01/09/17 12:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Maverick

He was found.

Quote:
An aquaintance of the missing person informs me that he has been found safe. The SAR sent a snow cat to the [big pine] trail head and found him at his car.

Well that's good. It's scary when you get lost in the wilderness.
Posted By: Snacking Bear Re: Missing Hiker/Climber 1/3/17 - 01/09/17 05:44 PM
Great news for a missing persons report! Regrettably, only a few of these threads have such happy resolution.
© WhitneyZone Message Board