Mt Whitney Zone
Posted By: Annette Cross Country Permit Exiting Mt. Whitney - 02/10/17 09:00 AM
I am trying to secure a Permit Starting at Horseshoe Meadows (Cottonwood Lakes JM39) exiting Mt. Whitney. There is availability on the entry date shows A with the # of spots. Today is precisely 6 months from the exit date. The exit date still shows X (not R or A ). There are on 15 permits that can be reserved in advance but it is not yet available although other routes are open for the same day? Any ideas? Help! This is my epic journey with my brother! Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Steve C Re: Cross Country Permit Exiting Mt. Whitney - 02/10/17 04:09 PM
Those exit permits are scarce, and disappear seconds after they become available. You have to keep clicking the Update Availability button right on the hour, and when they show up, have all your other numbers ready, scroll down, and hit Book Permit.

I think they come available at 8 AM PST, but not sure. (Maybe Frank remembers?) As I write this at 8:09 AM, there are 3 available for an Aug 10 exit.
Posted By: Steve C Re: Cross Country Permit Exiting Mt. Whitney - 02/10/17 04:12 PM
Gone at 8:12 AM.
Originally Posted By: Steve C

I think they come available at 8 AM PST, but not sure. (Maybe Frank remembers?)

Steve C 1-24-16: "Paul, it's 10 AM ET, 7:00 PST.
Practicing how to minimize mouse movements to reduce the amount of time it takes to move-click-move-click.

Alternative is to book a trip from Kearsarge to Horseshoe Meadows, then hope for walk-in exit permits."
© WhitneyZone Message Board