Mt Whitney Zone
Posted By: WanderingJim So Mt Whitney is about 1 inch taller... - 12/14/17 03:01 AM
Apparently, the California drought caused the Sierra Nevada mountains to rise about an inch.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Si...hp?t=9215873145

Gotta change all the t-shirts and swag now... 15,508.1 feet. smile

And my second summit of Whitney this year was a tiny bit more impressive than the first. smile
Posted By: wagga Re: So Mt Whitney is about 1 inch taller... - 12/14/17 07:32 AM
Came to post this from the LA Times.

Where is the pic taken? - Olmsted Point?
Posted By: + @ti2d Re: So Mt Whitney is about 1 inch taller... - 12/14/17 03:51 PM
Yes, Olmsted Point.

I just saw that erratic move! Whoa! whistle

Now, we need Mammoth to explode and the the entire Sierra Nevada will rise another inch maybe two.
Posted By: saltydog Re: So Mt Whitney is about 1 inch taller... - 12/17/17 07:02 AM
Originally Posted By: WanderingJim
Apparently, the California drought caused the Sierra Nevada mountains to rise about an inch.

And my second summit of Whitney this year was a tiny bit more impressive than the first. smile

Sorry, the whole Sierra rose. That means you started an inch higher, too.
Originally Posted By: saltydog

Sure rain on my parade... smile
Posted By: + @ti2d Re: So Mt Whitney is about 1 inch taller... - 12/18/17 08:19 PM
The bright side is that you are also an inch taller...

How is that possible? whistle
Posted By: saltydog Re: So Mt Whitney is about 1 inch taller... - 12/19/17 04:58 PM
Originally Posted By: WanderingJim
Originally Posted By: saltydog

Sure rain on my parade... smile

Hay the upside is you did have to do 1 inch more of acclimation, even to start. That is non-zero.
© WhitneyZone Message Board