Mt Whitney Zone
Posted By: Willythedog 2 unused permits July 15th - 07/11/18 10:17 PM
Got 2 extra permits for day hike July 15th Sunday. If i cancel i dont get a refund so if anyone wants it, take it.
Posted By: Steve C Re: 2 unused permits July 15th - 07/11/18 11:23 PM
Willy, that's the bad side of Recreation.gov. They don't even refund part of your money. If they did, more people would cancel and make permits available to others. I have suggested this multiple times! mad

As it is now, you cannot transfer your permits to anyone else -- the trip leader or alternate must show their ID to pick up the permit at the Visitor Center.

All you can do is go online, and cancel your reservation, so someone else can pick it up. Your slots would show up online at a random time in the 24 hours following the time you canceled. If you can do that, you will be helping other hikers looking for a permit.
Posted By: Willythedog Re: 2 unused permits July 15th - 07/12/18 12:31 AM
Well actually I’m still planning on going, my buddies had to back out so I have 2 extra. It’s not like everyone has to stay completely together during the whole hike right? (Prob gonna end up doing the trail, although I’d rather do mountaineers route...)
Posted By: DanWin Re: 2 unused permits July 15th - 07/12/18 03:28 AM
I'm going on the 15th with my brother and two of his friends. At least two of us are planning on MR. Perhaps you can join us?
© WhitneyZone Message Board