Mt Whitney Zone
Posted By: Steve C Badger Pass, Yosemite - 01/10/10 07:25 AM
Taking my little one for her first snow ski day tomorrow.

Here's hoping she has fun and we can keep her warm.
Posted By: Rod Re: Badger Pass, Yosemite - 01/11/10 01:53 AM
I hope she loves it. Staying warm to begin with is important but if she loves her first experience with skiing nothing else will matter much.I remember taking my kids skiing for the first time at Sierra Summit near Huntington Lake.Son was 7 and daughter was 5.They both loved it and my daughter took to it like a fish to water.Hope you all have a great time.Skiing is such a great family activity,for life.
Posted By: CaT Re: Badger Pass, Yosemite - 01/11/10 02:10 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun! Enjoy yourself, dad! smile

CaT
Posted By: Bulldog34 Re: Badger Pass, Yosemite - 01/11/10 02:38 AM
Let her take it easy on the slaloms, and have a blast!
Posted By: Steve C Re: Badger Pass, Yosemite - 01/11/10 06:49 AM
Badger Pass has the slowest lifts of anywhere! Just perfect for us and our 5-year-old. She got pretty stressed on the first run, until we figured out that just putting her between our knees and skiing was what would work for today.

So we did a bunch of giant slaloms wink on the easiest slope they have. And I'm SORE tonight. I guess sliding around and holding 40+ pounds between the knees is work. smile

She started out leaning back all the time, but by afternoon, was standing better over the skis. So it was a little progress.

And Rod, you said it better than I could have. This is certainly one thing we can all do together.

Posted By: MooseTracks Re: Badger Pass, Yosemite - 01/11/10 01:20 PM
Pretty soon you'll have her on one of those leashes as she darts back and forth across the slope. Looks like an awesome day!
Posted By: Rod Re: Badger Pass, Yosemite - 01/11/10 04:28 PM
Great video. No wonder you are sore hanging onto your daughter bent over.Great start though.I am an advocate of getting a ski lesson with a professional soon.Group lessons are great also.They know how to teach the basics and kids listen better to anyone that is not their parent.
You got her acclimated to the environment and the rest will be easy.
Posted By: CaT Re: Badger Pass, Yosemite - 01/11/10 06:23 PM
Great video, Steve!! Sort-of the snow equivalent of "baby's first steps".

David
Posted By: + @ti2d Re: Badger Pass, Yosemite - 01/11/10 07:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Steve C
And I'm SORE tonight. I guess sliding around and holding 40+ pounds between the knees is work. smile

I see you are getting that shoulder rehab done in fine fashion! Better watch that back, though! grin
© WhitneyZone Message Board