Mt Whitney Zone
Report from CNN and Auntie.

"A spokesman for Nepal's tourism ministry told the BBC some missing climbers had been rescued, but about five still remained missing.

It is thought to be the deadliest climbing tragedy on the mountain.
"

UPDATE: Rueters - "An avalanche swept down a slope of Mount Everest on Friday killing 12 Nepali mountaineering guides at the beginning of the main climbing season, a Tourism Ministry official said. "
Here's a video of the avalanche as it was coming down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwWVJmxmKgs

DAMN! eek
Thanks for posting the video.

Really tragic.
Posted By: wagga 13 Dead After Avalanche On Mount Everest - 04/21/14 10:06 AM
Here is a report to read. I think the mountain needs a rest. The Nepalese Government needs to financially satisfy the Sherpas and only allow hard-assed unsupported teams to attempt a summit. Just for this year. Just my opinion.
Posted By: Steve C Re: 13 Dead After Avalanche On Mount Everest - 04/24/14 11:41 PM
Discovery Channel had camera crew on Everest preparing for an American's wing suit jump from the summit, and that jump has been canceled.

But the channel will be airing a documentary detailing the fatal avalanche on May 4. I am sure it will be worth watching.

The announcement:   Discovery to Air Everest Documentary on May 4
Posted By: Paul Re: 13 Dead After Avalanche On Mount Everest - 05/02/14 02:24 PM
Bump.......

Sunday, May 4th.....
for those like me who don't have TVs or cable or whatever it takes to get the Discovery Channel - I assume this won't be online very long being the full broadcast:

© WhitneyZone Message Board