Mt Whitney Zone
Posted By: Steve C Nightscape: Mt Whitney and Alabama Hills - 10/30/16 07:01 PM
From Instagram, posted by roycebairphoto

Quote:
roycebairphotopresents the…

N I G H T S C A P E R Photo Award to

@derekkind

Congratulations to Derek Kind - our featured artist. Derek photographed these car trails in the Alabama Hills of California — one of 3 images we are featuring today by Mr. Kind. Derek is a Canadian landscape photographer and Artisan in Residence at The Photo Frontier (check the link in his bio). || Please show support to our guest artist by visiting his/her gallery .

SHOWCASE Your Photo Here: To have your "Night Photography" considered for a feature in this gallery, please follow me and tag with #nightscaper - and/or post your images to our “NightScaper” Facebook page (see link in bio).

#nightphotography #AlabamaHills #California #mountains #LongExposure #cartrails #sierranevada #mtwhitney #westcoast_exposures #longexposureoftheday #amazing_longexpo #ic_longexpo #super_longexpo #intothenight #night_shooterz #nightshot #nightshooters #nightpics #nightshot #night_excl #californiaadventure #artofvisuals #earthexperience #splendid_xposure #agameoftones #splendid_shotz

derekkind  Thank you!! And yes, Miles has an incredible photo from here with the moon behind the mountains, one of my favorite images. I tried to do something at least a little different but couldn't pass up this location. I did this one with @cow_and_rooster - she was driving the truck and I was manning the cameras. smile

derekkind: @roycebairphoto  thank you! For the headlights my usual formula is to take a separate exposure at a low ISO and probably a narrower aperture, not even trying to get everything right in a single frame. And yes, I'm not surprised Miles's photo required some focal length blending.

© WhitneyZone Message Board