Mt Whitney Zone
Posted By: turns Location of the Mt. Whitney Webcam? - 03/03/17 04:41 PM
Does anyone (steve??) know the location of the whitney webcam? I'm interested in taking a timelapse with that vantage during my next trip out there. I can see there's some sort of trail in the bottom left corner of the webcam shot so I assume that general area is accessible

Any info greatly appreciated!
Posted By: + @ti2d Re: Location of the Mt. Whitney Webcam? - 03/03/17 04:47 PM
The Lone Pine Museum in beautiful downtown Lone Pine!
Posted By: Steve C Re: Location of the Mt. Whitney Webcam? - 03/03/17 06:09 PM
Here you go...

an old Whitney webcam thread.
Posted By: John Sims Re: Location of the Mt. Whitney Webcam? - 03/07/17 06:25 PM
Originally Posted By: turns
Does anyone (steve??) know the location of the whitney webcam? I'm interested in taking a timelapse with that vantage during my next trip out there. I can see there's some sort of trail in the bottom left corner of the webcam shot so I assume that general area is accessible

Any info greatly appreciated!

Hi turns,

As you will see from Steve'v link the camera is atop the museum, so not really available for you to set up a time lapse.

I guess you will be able to find a better location in the Alabama Hills. Perhaps atop one of the boulder fields that gets you the desired line of sight. I would suggest going early, and driving up the road toward the portal, watching for dirt roads leading off the the left and right, and scout them out for best location.
© WhitneyZone Message Board