Mt Whitney Zone
Posted By: Steve C JMT book by John Dittli - 12/18/09 07:25 PM
I received this notice...

Quote:
The Book Joint in Mammoth Lakes will be hosting a book signing for Walk the Sky: Following the John Muir Trail by John Dittli on Saturday, December 19 4-6 pm.

Trade editions will be available from the Booky Joint, as well, the limited edition (300 signed, numbered & slipcased) will also be available from Team Dittli.

The book will make a great gift for anyone who loves the Sierra.

Walk the Sky: Following the John Muir Trail

The pictures in that book are fantastic!
Posted By: CaT Re: JMT book by John Dittli - 01/11/10 03:25 AM
The cover picture alone is breathtaking!
Posted By: BiletChick Re: JMT book by John Dittli - 01/11/10 04:22 PM
got it for Christmas...it's absolutely STUNNING!!!!
Posted By: MooseTracks Re: JMT book by John Dittli - 01/12/10 02:24 AM
Fantastic book, and John is one world-class guy. Met him at the book signing here in B-town this past fall and he almost pulled me off my feet with his handshake, sitting me down so we could exchange adventure stories. grin
Posted By: BiletChick Re: JMT book by John Dittli - 01/18/10 05:39 PM
Laura
Sorry, I hadn't been checking here lately. The Dittli book is amazing. I was looking at the pics on Saturday and they make me want to be there...anywhere, as long as it's in one of those pictures!!
Hmmm, exchanging adventure stories with him??? Possible future collaboration...maybe? Moose Book 2010, 11, 12...
Posted By: Rosabella Re: JMT book by John Dittli - 01/31/10 02:33 PM
Originally Posted By: BiletChick
.... Moose Book 2010, 11, 12...

WooHoo!!! Where do I put my order in!

smile Rosie
Posted By: BiletChick Re: JMT book by John Dittli - 02/01/10 08:56 PM
HaHa Rosie, no doubt it would be a best seller!

BTW the line starts forming behind me!!!! grin
Posted By: Steve C Re: JMT book by John Dittli - 03/26/10 05:42 AM
Resurrecting an old thread...

John Dittli posted this picture in one of his Facebook albums. It is just incredible.

It is the eighth picture in his landscapes portfolio. Caption from his web page reads:

A rare bloom in the Mojave Desert, with wildflowers of Evening Primrose and Sand Verbena carpeting the desert floor near Dumont Dunes in the Silurian Valley, CA, during an El Nino year. El Nino years that produce a high volume of winter rain in the desert, coupled with the just right temperature can create a rich and vibrant wildflower bloom that bring the desert alive with color.

Dumont Dunes is an official BLM Off Highway Vehicle Use site and the area with the wildflowers shown in the photo is officially open to OHV travel. Most of the OHV use takes place at the official staging area on the opposite side of the Dunes. OHV use has exploded since this photo was taken, decreasing the possibility further that a bloom such as this might happen again on this side of Dumont Dunes.
Posted By: RoguePhotonic Re: JMT book by John Dittli - 03/26/10 01:17 PM
Wow it's hard to imagine seeing such a beautiful bloom at a place like Dumont Dunes, just shows the extreme beauty that exists in the most unlikely places.
Posted By: Steve C Re: JMT book by John Dittli - 03/26/10 03:51 PM
Until now, I didn't even notice the spot of rainbow color above the dunes.
Posted By: Rod Re: JMT book by John Dittli - 03/26/10 10:38 PM
WOW!!!! Just add water. From sand springs incredible flowers.
© WhitneyZone Message Board