Hmmm. Hadn't seen this. The original Taser specs are tuned to the human nervous system. There's no question it would work with other animals and maybe work better if it's tweaked to their nervous system. My worry would be what happens when you stop delivering voltage? There was a classic case many years ago of a grizzly being tranquilized with a dart gun and, upon coming to, went right for the person who darted him.

There is a Taser video of a dog attacking an officer, getting tased and running off afterward. But a grizzly??

I can't remember if I told my most recent pepper spray vs. bear story:

Two years ago, two bears had broken in through the roof of my ranger station and were hanging around hoping for more food. I had spotted one of the bears heading my way so I hid behind a tree. When he got close, I popped out from behind the tree and sprayed his direction with pepper spray. Safety Tip: Always test the spray pattern before using this stuff. It put out, not a direct stream like I expected, but a huge ball of orange fog that hovered about 5 feet in front of both of us. We both stared at the fog -- not knowing which way it would go, stared back at each other, and decided to run at the same moment. Fortunately in opposite directions.

That night, they were back on the porch. I got the pepper spray again, stuck only my hand out the door and sprayed. Great thrashing as the bears ran off then, ooops, it drifted inside the cabin!!!! Auuugggghhhhhhh. Headed choking and gasping outside in the snow until in cleared -- about 30 minutes.

Never use that stuff again... .

George

None of the views expressed here in any way represent those of the unidentified agency that I work for or, often, reality. It's just me, fired up by coffee and powerful prose.