Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 27 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Discussion Jump to new posts
Re: Whitney Alternates for Youth futbol 01/21/22 07:19 PM
^^^ I'd second this. A couple of years ago I ran into a group of Girl Scouts at Cottonwood Lakes.

As I passed them on my way up to Old Army Pass I asked if they spent the night up here and one of them proudly said: "We spent FIVE nights up here!"

You will need a permit for overnight out there, but they are easier to get than overnight Mt Whitney.

Also, be sure to bring mosquito repellant.
2 84 Read More
Re: Lone Pine Creek Trail / Mount Russell Permit Question Paul 01/12/22 01:26 AM
Again, thanks Steve for all your help.

For me, Trail Pass has always been the easiest way to head down to the Kern River and loop around for a 7 day hike. I am more interested this year to see what damage was done down in the Kern.

Yes, I hope their answering the phone is more timely this year.

Paul
16 1,449 Read More
Re: Bad week on Mt Baldy BFR 12/26/21 04:00 PM
Minor correction is that it appears that these occurred on the Icehouse Canyon trail which is a bit SE of Mt Baldy. Because this canyon gets significantly less sun, it's generally colder and icier than the Baldy trails which are more sun exposed. I remember coming down this trail and stepping down on some ice that was hidden in a shadow and I managed to ice skate to safety.
1 572 Read More