Sublatum, you definitely want only a daypack going up from Trail Camp. Any additional weight will begin screaming at you not far into the switchbacks. Make sure no food is (ever) in your tent. Collapse it and place rocks on it if you have any doubts about two- or four-legged intentions. My buddy catpappy can relate a cautionary tale from a few weeks ago about leaving even a little food in your tent in Death Valley, where wildlife is relatively scarce compared to the Sierra. Even small mice can chew through a tent wall in short order.

Better yet, avoid the masses of marmots and people by making a left turn at Consultation Lake and set up camp on one of the ledges overlooking the lake. The view is better, you're better protected from wind, and the nighttime people-noise factor is about zero (Trail Camp can be a zoo in the summer, and very noisy at night). If you choose to try CL, I promise you won't regret it.

Quillansculpture and I did this last year. Left our tents up with bags, pads, stoves, etc, inside while we summitted, and returned to nary an issue. Of course all food and scented items were in the bear vault, stored quite a distance away. Marmots are certainly possible at CL, but they're not stupid. They tend to congregate where the food is, and that's the Trail Camp smorgasbord during summer.