The trail crew received an email from Libby Wile, AHS Volunteer Programs Manager on 3-10 confirming the trip and yes, in the email it stated there was a need for a crew leader. I waited a few days and on 3-15, I emailed Wile (still have email) asking if there was still a need for a crew leader, I'd do it. Have not heard back from Wile nor anyone else associated with this particular trip. Honestly this isn't the first time where communications with AHS wasn't the best. My last volunteer trip, AHS kept changing the date for the Crew Leader Orientation and when it was finally held, I wasn't notified. Will wait a little longer and give it a shot again.

Yep I'm most definitely wondering/concerned about supplies and everything else getting to Trail Camp. The highest I've climbed is 9,500 ft so that's a reason why I'm arriving a days earlier to acclimate as much as one can. Plus I've never been to the area and want to have time to enjoy myself too. I completely understand not everyone can get there early for some pre-acclimation hikes. Which by no fault of the trail crew, becomes a concern if we're packing all our gear to Trail Camp.

Snow snow snow. As someone who spent over 28 years in the economic development field, I know snow is needed for a healthy economy in that surrounding area but come on folks! It will be the last week of June. Haven't y'all had enough of that white stuff by then? Isn't there some ritual sun dance that can be done prior to help melt that stuff off most of the mountain? I'll be bringing crampons, ice axe and my luck rabbit's foot but fear I may not get past a few switchbacks beyond Trail Camp. If snow still covers the trail past Trail Camp, I'd go with an experienced person(s) on our summit day but absolutely no way with neophytes as myself. Let it sun let it sun let it sun.

Thanks for all the suggestions. The forum has been very valuable to me.

I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks. Daniel Boone