If the spring is hot, what I previously post is nothing but hot air. wink However, if it is cool there are still a lot of great places to travel in the immediate area. Obviously, you have a permit...go! If you have not hiked in this area in an earlier life, you will see a lot of things you have not seen and learn a lot for your later summit bid. In May '07, we saw water coming out of places we have never seen, it was a great experience for me from that point alone.

A trip in the area last year stands out. We crossed Cottonwood Pass in mid-June, did Cirque Peak on Saturday...just a few minor snow field to cross, which were done without crampons. The views from Cirque are great. Sunday we looped out and summitted Trail Peak.

Now, I thought this was going to be a total waste of time but the trip to Trail Peak was absolutely gorgeous and the views from Trail Peak were spectacular. There was snow on the mountain...even more than what was on Cirque but not problematical.

Last year, we went up Meysan Canyon to Grass Lake with the intention of doing Mt. Mallory but illness and injury did not allow us to go higher but this place absolutely beautiful and surprisingly lightly traveled. We used crampons and axe above 9,200' on Memorial Day weekend...YMMV.