Originally Posted By: Bulldog34
Great TR Chris! Glad you had a blast with your boys and, even better, put a dent in the lingering stereotype of Boy Scouts that appears to exist in many places. I'd be willing to bet that a lot of folks that sterotype the Scouts in such a negative way would become apoplexic over such "profiling" with most other groups. Alas, we live in a world filled with hypocrisy.

Like anything else involving kids, when an organized group gets a bad rep it's almost always the failure of the adults-in-charge. I see this week in and week out in my business as youth groups grace my hotel over the weekends for any and all types of organized activities. Responsible chaperones = good group of kids; I'm-on-vacation chaperone mindset = kids run wild. Kids are kids, and need a firm, guiding hand when in groups. You clearly take your responsibilities seriously, so you have a model group of scouts when you take them into the wilderness. Kudos to you! After having spent time hiking and camping with you, I'm not the least bit surprised.

This pretty much sums up my feelings too.

Mike