Hello fellow adventurers. I hope some of you can share experiences with me to help me gauge whether to scrub a 2011 summit attempt. Here is my story:

After putting in and getting an overnight permit for Sept 13th (hooray) I was hiking in east coast early spring conditions, slipped on a rock, got a toe caught in another rock as I tumbled, and fractured my right ankle. I am 7 weeks post surgery, am going to PT 3X per week now, am working like mad on range of motion and am 50% weight bearing after 1 week of being out out of a cast, in a boot. I hope to be swimming and bicycling soon as part of PT too. The formal PT ends in late June and I need to decide if I will strong enough to make it in about 4 days (Outpost day 1-Trail day 2-Summit day 3-out day 4), as well as getting the doctor's clearance. Oh and my bones healed by week 6, two weeks ahead of normal for a middle aged woman, but now it is the ligament's turn to get back in shape. PT is not for sissies!

Anyone have experience with ankle injury recovery? Am I being too hopeful for 2011? Or should I wait for 2012?

Thanks in advance--you guys are my hiking crying towel.