I've uploaded my photos from the trip to Flickr:

High Sierra Trail July 16 and 17 Kahweah Gap http://www.flickr.com/photos/53488169@N02/

The originals have GPS stamps (for what that's worth) but I do not know if flickr preserved them.

I wrote descriptions of where they were taken, and what I think I'm pointing at. We day-hiked up from Hamilton Lake on the 16th (when it was foggy) and the 17th (when it was sunny) and the difference in the two days was pretty dramatic. I hope that these are helpful.

If anybody sees us doing anything silly (unsafe) given the conditions/equipment/experience-level; please let me know, so I can avoid it in the future. I was a little bit lost as to what our limitations should be. I had some 16 year old scouts, who were enthusiastic, and not really deterred by warnings, or my recitations from "Freedom of the Hills". I don't know if I turned back too early, or if I went too far. Safety on boulders is usually pretty obvious to me. Snow seems to be a couple notches more complicated, with undercut sections, frozen/soft conditions, cornices, concealed bridges, etc.

Last edited by dethMarch; 07/21/11 06:59 PM.