Hello out there to any who may be interested: I failed last year first week of October when the first snow storm of the season hit....i failed this year in late July, when i took diamox, (when it really was not needed) AND over did it on my pack.....instead of waiting until next year, i want another shot at summiting, so i will be trying in late september. I dont have any other time off work, otherwise i would try sooner. I am prepared to travel light, day pack, water, light foods, and very minimal supplies.... camp at the portal, then start my day hike @ around 12:30am, summit by maybe 7:30am or 8...then hopefully be back at the portal by 3 or 4pm. This would be either sept 28, 29 or 30. I realize this does not allow very much acclimation, ....but i guess i could try for an overnight permit, when i drive down. I have been training with lots of walking, hiking, squats, weightlifting, etc.

Any additional advice, to increase my chances, would be very welcome. I really want to succeed this time!!

"With each failure, you take another step towards success as long as you don't ever give up"