Thank you all so much for the responses.

Similar to what Akichow mentioned, I felt the small dose of 62.5mg very quickly. It wasn't uncomfortable in the least but I did notice a slight change in the way I felt (symptoms noted previously). Not that it matters but for the record I'm male, 6'1", 170 lbs and arguably in the best shape of my life. But, we all know AMS doesn't care about physical conditioning.

In preparation for my hike I came across several Diamox discussions and was intrigued due to the overnight headache I had the first time around at Trail Camp. Interestingly, after that uncomfortable night of on again off again sleep I felt good to the summit the next day and then back to the Portal. I figure between better acclimatization and Diamox I may be able to eliminate the headache and sleep better which will lead to better enjoyment.

As suggested I think I'll test it again before I go but this time I'll take the 62.5mg twice a day as prescribed for 2-3 doses to see if the mild symptoms disappear. I would much rather take Diamox to prevent a headache than get a headache and then take the Diamox hoping that it knocks it out. We'll see; I'll experiment more before my hike.