I was thinking. A lot of the people on the board, especially newbies don't know what to do as far as workouts to get ready for Whitney. What if we put a thread up titled "Getting in Shape, Training for Whitney 2012" (or something like that,) and people can put down what they do every day, every week, etc, including workouts, what kind, times, hikes, etc.

People could put it up every day or once a week. I could go farther, such as how much you weigh (that would help some people as people will know where they are at and they will be held accountable.)

Example for me may be....

10/13/11
Gym:
1.5 hours stairclimber
.5 hours weights
195 lbs

You could follow one person or more, just by clicking on "users posts".

I got this idea because when I started to get in shape to hike Mt Whitney about 8 months before hip surgery in 2008, I was 255 lbs and couldn't walk 1/4 mile. Well, it's been three years, I'm down to 195 and can hike forever. I've summited Whitney 3 times and completed a marathon. I work out about 5 times a week and put in about 6 to 7 hours a week in cardio plus weights. I think it may be inspirational for people who want to know how to get ready for hiking Mt Whitney.

Anybody think this is a good idea?

"Turtles, Frogs & other Environmental Sculpture"

www.quillansculpturegallery.com
twitter: @josephquillan

If less is more, imagine how much more, more is -Frasier