Originally Posted By: dbd
Would someone who thinks "the message is clear" care to actually state what they think "the message" is so that we can consider what impact it has on the subject of this thread?

Dale B. Dalrymple

The amount of water Mammoth is consuming is a drop in a bucket compared to the amount that LADWP is transporting to LA. LADWP is probably legally entitled to go after this last drop, but is that the message that a "bully" (in your words) wants to send? Given the history, I think the message is plenty clear and consistent to the people of Owens Valley.

This reminds me of the Grinch who stole Christmas when he reaches down the fireplace for that last crumb, "too small for a mouse." LADWP may not be "stealing" the water like the Grinch, but they should realize that's how a lot of people see it. It would be cheap PR to come to a deal with Mammoth and then promote the compromise as a good steward rather than be seen as a "bully." They don't seem to care one bit about how they are viewed by the public.

PS. I like the solar panel idea if it's done right. This is another opportunity to give something back to the people of Owens Valley, but most likely they will simply maximize profits.