I'll echo Bob R's comments. There are dozens of worthy peaks to climb in the Sierras. Some are not as easy to "climb" as Mt. Whitney, but just as personally satisfying.

Here is a short list of peaks North of Whitney, on the east side of the range, that can be actually climbed without undue difficulty - perhaps Class 2 to 3: Split Mountain, Mt. Sill, Mt. Gayley, Mt Aggasiz, Basin Mountain, Hurd Peak, Mt. Johnson, Mt. Tom, etc. The list could go on and on.

Admittedly, most of these peaks don't have hamburger cafes at the start of the climb, and most don't have well-trodden hiking trails to the summit, which might make them less than attractive to some folks. I've only mentioned a few on the East side, and the West side of the range also has dozens of peaks worth climbing.

The High Sierra, by R.J. Secor, is an excellent resource for new adventures for those who might have become burned out on endlessly repeating the same old route up Whitney. Now, my next comment is probably going to really tick-off some of you, but too bad, sports fans.

There almost seems to be some kind of compulsiveness in ascending the same route over and over again, unless it becomes easier with repetition. Is there some kind of Guiness record being sought? Who is the big winner? Tah Dah!