There is a book on my shelf titled What Do You Care What Other People Think written by one of the greatest human beings of the 20th century, Richard Feynman (no, he was not some hiker or mountaineer) The backstory on the title of the book is that Richard used to come home from work and agonize about what other people thought of him. Finally, one day, his wife ordered a batch of pencils inscribed with the unforgettable line: "What do you care what other people think", so to remind Richard of this important point.

On a more personal note, one of the great benefits of almost dying (or at least convinced of it at the time) is that a lot of the BS of life falls away -- the Minutia so to speak. Part of the reason that I can hardly stand to post on these boards is because many of the discussions really confound me: "Why didn't they take THIS route instead of THAT route??" "I cannot Beelieve that she CHOOSES to carry THAT much weight!!" "How DARE they hike Whitney more than once a decade, why, they could do Kilimanjaro, instead?!"

I digress.

As long as you are enjoying life and not harming others along the way (you CAN choose to harm yourself wink )it does not matter who, what, where, why and when...OR how fast you choose to do what you do. Continue to share what you saw and felt, and maybe some lazy arse like myself will feel inclined to get up before 7:00am and do something besides work.

The body betrays and the weather conspires, hopefully, not on the same day.